Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Newbie Recipe Writer Seeks Your Advice!


Super short and sweet blog post tonight. I am knee deep in scrap pieces of paper. I am trying to gather them together for a cookbook. I never thought in a million years that I would be creating recipes much less trying to publish them. Prepping, cooking and baking are one thing but putting that new recipe into written form is another animal all together. I know there are different ways to format and write really good recipes and I am asking you for help.

Can you share with me what you think makes a great recipe? Do you like when the author gives you a "shopping list" first then lists ingredients in order of use and finally the preparation of ingredients? Do I really need the "shopping list" or does the reader get the "shopping list" from the list of ingredients? Do you like extra information about the recipe...where the idea came from? How important is a photo? Having a color photo for each recipe is very expensive so how do I pick which recipes get pictures (I am working on both sweet & savory recipes that are gluten free, dairy free and egg free).

I would really appreciate your comments and if you have a website that you think I should visit or you have a favorite cookbook, please let me know that too.

~April~




No comments:

Post a Comment